This mama loves Halloween and making crafts out of toilet paper rolls so, of course, I had to combine both. Making Halloween-themed toilet paper roll crafts is totally the way to go every year at any age!
Check out this post for more ideas on how to celebrate Halloween all month long.
* This post includes Affiliate Links.
Halloween Toilet Paper Roll Crafts For All Ages & Abilities
You don’t have to be a pro crafter or have strong scissor skills to do these crafts. There’s a lot little that kiddos can do to make a Halloween-themed craft with toilet paper rolls.
I went ahead and made some more “complex” crafts to show the variety of the possibilities. But if you have a young toddler, have them start with the easiest ones, like the mummy, ghost, or the monster.
The vampire, pumpkin, and Frankenstein require a little more detailed cutting. But, toddler parents, that’s where your adult scissor skills come in.
The bat and the witch are just one step past as they require a little more detail. But again, with a little teamwork, you and your kiddos can totally craft these Halloween cuties.
- Toilet Paper Rolls
- Construction Paper of various colors
- Googly eyes
- Halloween creature features printout (below)
Materials for Each Halloween Toilet Paper Roll Craft
Any craft can be adapted. For example, eyes can be made with googly eyes, drawn on, or with construction paper. The list below is just a suggestive way to make each of the Halloween creatures we made.
- Mummy: googly eyes and white streamer paper
- Ghost: white paper and creature features printout
- Monster: any colored paper (ex: purple or green) and creature features printout
- Vampire: white paper, googly eyes, and creature features printout
- Pumpkin: orange paper and creature features printout
- Frankenstein: construction paper (green & black), googly eyes, and creature features printout
- Bat: black construction paper, marker or pen, and creature features printout
- Witch: green construction paper, marker or pen, and creature features printout
How to Make Halloween Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
Step 1: Gather your supplies
Collect as many unused toilet paper rolls as you can. Mistakes might happen, cutting exploration might even happen. And if you’re like me, you want to do every possible variation.
Step 2: Decide which toilet paper craft to make
Depending on how comfortable you and your child are with making crafts like these, decide which one you want to start with.
I always like to start with the easiest one to get the hang of things. It also gives our kids that sense of pride and accomplishment when they get it right the first time. The easiest ones that we made are the mummy, ghost, and monster.
Step 3: Wrap your toilet paper roll in colored paper
After gathering your materials and coming up with the plan, you need to wrap your toilet paper roll in colored paper.
I measured and cut out a piece of approximately 4″x6″ paper for each Halloween toilet paper roll craft. The mummy was the only one I didn’t use construction paper for.
Step 4: Add identifying features
Next, add your creature’s identifying features with paper, markers, pens, or whatever you have. To save time on DIY’ing some of the features, I made a printout full of Halloween creature features options.
Which one is your favorite monster? Let us know in the comments!
More Halloween Articles:
- Exciting Ways To Celebrate Halloween At Home This Year
- Q Tip Skeleton Craft As Fun Halloween Art Or Cute X-ray Craft
- Yarn Ghost Craft For Cute Halloween Decor, Easy How To Guide
Like this post?
Share it! Pin it!
My name is Paula and I’m a mom of two scrumptious cuties. Thanks Mommy Blog became a project for me to help guide other new moms and current moms through any of my own personal experiences and struggles. My hobbies include singing, doing jigsaw puzzles, baking, designing and trying to stay creative.