Who doesn’t love muffins!?
I love making mini muffins so once I find a great recipe for me and the kids I stick to it.
I’ve made these banana muffins many times for several toddler gatherings. Both the kids and adults love them so much that I decided to share here with you guys.
This recipe is baby, toddler, and adult approved.
I’m no chef by any means, but when I find a recipe I like I save it on my phone and reuse it as much as possible.
I have three main muffin recipes I like, this banana one, an applesauce one, and my favorite, a chocolate chip one.
The banana muffins and applesauce muffins I mostly make for the kids because they have more basic ingredients and are good for kids with more common allergies because they don’t contain dairy or eggs (which I substitute for applesauce).
I like to make these in big batches for party or big gathering type occasions with other moms and their kids and they go quickly because they’re so easy to eat.
Sometimes my son likes to help, he loves when I bake! It’s a great way to get them to interact with us and learn how to help around the house.
Feel free to skip down to “Recipe,” below this section if Kitchen Products do not interest you.
Again, I’m not by any means a Pro in the kitchen, but with a few years of following a few simple recipes I’ve come to realize that some kitchen products are worth having and I use them all the time!
Like I said, my toddler really loves to bake with me. Sometimes I let him watch while he stands on a chair next to me, sometimes I give him a clean mixing bowl, measuring cups, and spatula to play on his own, and sometimes I let him place liners on the muffin pan (which I don’t use for this recipe).
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 large eggs (I use 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce instead)
- 2/3 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium bananas)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- cinnamon sugar topping*
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl (I use my mixer), combine the sugar, oil, eggs and stir with wire whisk.
- Add in bananas and vanilla, whisk until combined.
- Add in flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and stir together until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Each muffin cup will be almost to the top. About 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle batter with a little bit of your cinnamon sugar mix.
- Bake 17 to 21 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and muffins are high and rounded on top.
- Serve warm or let cool completely. Enjoy!
This batch is for 2 bananas, which should make approximately 12 regular sized muffins or 24 mini muffins.
*Cinnamon Sugar can be purchased or mixed at home. A good ratio for the blend is 1/4 cup granulated white sugar with 1 tablespoon of cinnamon.
Like the recipe? Share it, Pin it, leave a comment!
Free Resource Library
Get access to download all my freebies all at once.
My name is Paula and I’m a mom of two scrumptious cuties. Thanks Mommy Blog became a project for me to help guide other new moms and current moms through any of my own personal experiences and struggles. My hobbies include singing, doing jigsaw puzzles, baking, designing and trying to stay creative.